About Activated Insights:
Activated Insights’ technology helps senior care providers close the feedback loop with their employees and the seniors that they serve so they can make better decisions and provide better care. Today, our survey and analytics platform supports the voices of over a million employees, seniors, and family members at over 4,000 locations. We were recently recognized on the 2022 Inc. 5000 annual ranking of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States and we are poised to continue growing at a high pace.
We’re a close-knit remote team that cares about working hard to do good in the world, while also making sure that we can all live balanced lives. As our user base grows, we’re looking for an engineer to join our team to help support our platform and expand our product offerings. We’re using data to transform the aging experience of our parents, our grandparents, our loved ones – and ultimately, for ourselves. Come join us!
About the role:
We are seeking a self-motivated, senior full stack software engineer to join our remote engineering team. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a small, hardworking team where everyone is invested and cares about doing well, by doing good. You’ll spend your time building new features and maintaining our existing product. We’re a small team so there’s a lot of opportunities to explore new areas and have a big impact.
About the team:
You’ll be joining a small, but mighty remote engineering team spread across the US, Canada, and Europe. We have a flat structure and do continuous deployment where each engineer deploys their own work to production at any time and is responsible for what they deploy. While we move quickly and focus on outcomes, we’re invested in PR review as a process and care about quality and standards. Our core stack includes Python, Django, Graphql, React, Typescript, Postgres, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, and CircleCI.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer you will:
- Develop Full-stack web applications with Python and TypeScript (mostly) with understandable and well tested code.
- Help evolve our applications by promoting simplicity and working software while constantly refactoring towards a clean codebase that is easy to work with.
- Promote iterative development, using best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, test automation, logging, and monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process.
- Actively contribute towards building a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
- Perform pull request reviews and provide constructive feedback to other engineers on the team.
- Attend daily stand-ups and collaborate closely with other engineers, product, and design.
- Work on a modern tech stack on a small team where you’ll be able to learn a lot and have a big impact!
You should have:
- 5+ years of full stack experience using a Web Framework (e.g. Rails, Node, Django).
- Significant experience using a front-end framework like React or Vue.
- Strong understanding and commitment to testing, CI/CD, and writing clean, easy to maintain code.
- Ability to balance a focus on output and business needs with maintaining code quality.
- Passion for software development – you do this because you love it.
- A love for a small team startup environment where working hard and fast can provide a big personal impact.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills and thrive when working remotely.
- Residency in the US and can work hours overlapping with 9-3pm US/Eastern time.
In addition to “doing well by doing good” we offer:
- Pay: Competitive salaries + stock.
- Stock options: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage you to take care of your whole self.
- Remote-First: Choose when and where you work best, just make sure you overlap with your teammates.
- Healthcare: Competitive medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: $1,500 towards hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- …and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. As a women-founded company we’re committed to building a diverse team because we know it’s not just good business sense, but the right thing to do.