About Activated Insights:
Activated Insights’ technology helps senior care providers close the feedback loop with their
employees and the seniors that they serve so they can make better decisions and provide better
care. Today, our survey and analytics platform supports the voices of over a million employees,
seniors, and family members at over 4,000 locations. We were recently recognized on the 2022
Inc. 5000 annual ranking of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States and we
are poised to continue growing at a high pace.
We’re a close-knit remote team that cares about working hard to do good in the world, while
also making sure that we can all live balanced lives. As our user base grows, we’re looking for
an engineer to join our team to help support our platform and expand our product offerings.
We’re using data to transform the aging experience of our parents, our grandparents, our loved
ones – and ultimately, for ourselves. Come join us!
About the role:
We are seeking a self-motivated, software engineer to join our remote engineering team. This is
an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a small, hardworking team where everyone
is invested and cares about doing well, by doing good. You’ll spend your time helping build new
features and maintaining our existing product. We’re a small team so there’s a lot of
opportunities to explore new areas and have a big impact.
About the team:
You’ll be joining a small, but mighty remote engineering team spread across the US, Canada,
and Europe. We have a flat structure and do continuous deployment where each engineer
deploys their own work to production at any time and is responsible for what they deploy. While
we move quickly and focus on outcomes, we’re invested in PR review as a process and care
about quality and standards. Our core stack includes Python, Django, Graphql, React,
Typescript, Postgres, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, and CircleCI.
As a Junior Software Engineer you will:
● Be in the code every day fixing issues and helping build new features.
● Do PR reviews and give constructive feedback to other engineers on the team.
● Attend daily stand-ups and ad hoc meetings like design reviews.
● Collaborate closely with other engineers, product, and design.
● Provide estimates for your work.
● Work on a modern tech stack on a small team where you’ll be able to learn a lot and
have a big impact!
You should have:
● 0-2 years of full stack experience using a Web Framework (e.g. Rails, Node, Django).
● Ideally some production experience but recent graduates and boot camp graduates are
● Recent experience using a front-end framework like React or Vue, bonus points if you
have experience with Typescript, Postgres, Docker, or Kubernetes.
● Ability to balance focusing on output and meeting business needs with maintaining code
● Passionate about software development, you do this because you love it.
● You love the small team startup environment and working hard and fast to have a big
● Thrive when working remotely.
● Based in the US – can work hours overlapping with 9-3pm EST
In addition to “doing well by doing good” we offer:
● Pay: Competitive salaries + stock.
● Stock options: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
● 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
● Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage you to take care of your whole self.
● Remote-First: Choose when and where you work best, just make sure you overlap with
● Healthcare: Competitive medical, dental, and vision policies.
● Goodies: $1,500 towards hardware and software you need to get the job done.
● Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a
● …and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces
and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. As a women-founded company we’re committed to
building a diverse team because we know it’s not just good business sense, but the right thing